Ohio College Teaching Consortium Events
After you attend a live event or view an on-demand event, please complete a post-event report.
Please Note: Only events in the Inclusive Teaching category count toward the Inclusive Teaching Endorsement.
- This event has passed.
Developing Community Agreements
November 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Partner: University of Cincinnati
- Nov 15, 2023 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Registration Link: https://forms.office.com/r/jtCuZKUpUJ
Community agreements are a shared set of values and expectations developed in collaboration with students aimed at making guidelines for classroom interactions transparent. In this 90-minute interactive virtual workshop, we will both discuss the process of engaging students in designing community agreements, as well as participate in the process of creating community agreements as part of our workshop. The workshop will outline a general process for facilitating the creation of community agreements, explore a range of situations and question prompts where community agreements might be valuable, and case study examples of how community agreements might be utilized in the classroom. Please note, this is an interactive workshop and attendees will be encouraged to participate in small group discussion via breakout rooms as well as contribute to a shared virtual document.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and various applications of creating community agreements
- Identify a classroom context and prompts to facilitate community agreement activity with students
- Explain how community agreements can be used to build community, make classroom expectations explicit, and guide challenging classroom interactions
- Make a plan for facilitating a community agreement activity with students
Session Contact: Dr. Kimber Andrews, email@example.com