Ohio College Teaching Consortium Events
After you attend a live event or view an on-demand event, please complete a post-event report.
Please Note: Only events in the Inclusive Teaching category count toward the Inclusive Teaching Endorsement.
- This event has passed.
Inclusive Teaching Practices in STEM Education
February 20 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Partner: Ohio University
- Feb 20, 2024 02:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- Email CTLA@ohio.edu
In higher education STEM classes, the concept of inclusive access is gaining prominence in response to evolving student demographics. Inclusive access entails the establishment of an educational environment wherein every student, irrespective of their individual backgrounds or abilities, is afforded equitable opportunities for learning and achievement. This workshop aims to explore strategies for enhancing inclusivity within your classroom setting, addressing a comprehensive array of topics. Join us in learning how to foster a more inclusive and effective learning environment for all students.
Upon completing this workshop, participants will gain an improved understanding of the following inclusive teaching practices:
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Ensuring Accessibility of Course Materials
- Captioning and Incorporating Multimedia
- Leveraging Assistive Technologies
- Promoting Diversity in Representation
- Embracing Flexibility in Assessment Methods
- Implementing Inclusive Pedagogical Approaches
Session Contact: Jeremy Henkel, firstname.lastname@example.org